Tuesday 3 February 2009

The journey ahead

Well I have a stack of books on photography, cultural theory, energy fields and study skills so I hope this blog will help me to focus my attention! There's just over 3 months until the first assessment on May 8th, seems like a fair amount of time but I know it will fly.

I'm going to develop this blog over time and find out if I can upload documents etc. Meanwhile the next event at LSBU is "Culture and the Role of the State", on Tuesday 24th Feb @ 7pm. I think someone suggested meeting up in London for a drink & chat, even if we don't go to this talk.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine.

    Like the sound of a meet up soon, but 24th isn't do-able for me (I'm celebrating Shrove Tuesday with an obscenely large plate of pancakes!) Another day that week could be good though?

    I'm off to the library tonight to get my reading underway. I still can't seem to sort out a nicely defined project title - there are so many different directions it could go. And I'm not even sure what form it's going to take. 3 months suddenly seems like an incredibly short space of time...

    Anyway, let me know what you all think about meeting up next week. It could help to clarify some ideas if nothing else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ridiculously busy next week but would love to meet up soon, the week after would be better for me as MPs disappear for half term! Or the week after, is that when you were suggesting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most mid-week days are good for me so I can fit around y'all. Prefer Tues/Weds/Thurs - work commitments Monday and I avoid going into London Fridays as it's comfy pyjama and TV night (I'm so OLD I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, sorry no reply sooner. all this snow has got me compeltely off track! ok, let's say next week then. Tues/weds/thurs (17th/18th/19th) are all good for me - let me know which works best for the rest of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all... I am up for meeting up soon... I think I am in need of a "group therapy"...

    I am available in any of these dates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I propose Thursday 24th Feb? Week after next, gives whoever wants to meet up time to organise themselves :-) Now we just have to decide where. How about Covent Garden or South Bank somewhere?

    ReplyDelete